Saturday 10 January 2009

Chocolate pudding in a mug

This was posted by a friend on Facebook and, because it was easy, I tried it.
It’s sooooo easy and when my children ate it they told me it was the best pudding I had ever made.
  • Get a mug, yes a mug! I used a very big mug, the sort used on the continent for dunking breakfast baguette or croissant.
  • Throw in 4 tbsp plain flour (I used SR flour and this seemed to work very well), 4 tbsp sugar & 2 tbsp cocoa & mix well.
  • Add 1 egg & mix again.
  • Pour in 3 tbsp milk & 3 tbsp oil (I used corn oil) & mix well.
  • Add 3 tbsp chocolate chips (I used chopped up chocolate coins) & a splash of vanilla (I omitted this because I forgot to put it on the shopping list this week).
  • Mix, then cook in the microwave for 3 minutes!!! Don't panic if it goes over the top of the mug.
  • Tip out onto a plate, cut in half serves 2 adults very well with a dollop of ice cream on top (I didn’t do the ice cream because the kids would have exploded)
Very yummy.

Following feedback and experimentation I revised this recipe here

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very easy to make - mine was a little dry. Maybe it was in the microwave for too long. Next time it will try putting it in the microwave for about 2 mins.

Anonymous said...

Not bad not bad at all but yes not 3 mins try 2.5 :)

Anonymous said...

Ignore that rude person! I've made this many times now and have shown a bunch of my friends. It's a simple cake but with ice cream/icing/cream etc it becomes a brilliant dessert. :) Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

Bah - wish I'd read the comments, as mine was also too dry. I also used sunflower oil, which made it taste a bit funny. I'd probably try groundnut next time - something light and flavourless - but there will be a next time. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi All

Made this tonight thought it was 1 cup 1 person deal so doubled it now I have tons (not a bad thing) cooked for 3 mins nice simple to make kids will make it next time

Anonymous said...

I've tried making this twice now and both times its been dry! Not sure what i am doing wrong :( maybe cooking it too long? but i only cooked it for just over 2 mins this time. meh

Ann Cardus said...

If it's dry and the mug you've cooked it in is cool then maybe the pudding has taken all of the energy and the cooking time should be reduced. Or you could up the milk content maybe. Microwaves vary and ours is a 900W if that helps.