Sunday 28 February 2010

Chocolate pudding in a mug, revised

I'm re-posting this as, having used the link several times, it's irritated me that there isn't a list of ingredients.  Plus I've discovered that slightly less cooking ensures a fabulous gooey bottom (for the pudding not the cook).  Plus I prefer the self raising flour version.

Ingredients:
  • 4 tbsp self raising flour
  • 4 tbsp sugar
  • 2 tbsp cocoa
  • 1 egg
  • 3 tbsp milk
  • 3 tbsp oil (preferably corn oil)
  • 3 tbsp chocolate chips
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
Method:
  • Get a big mug, the sort used on the continent for dunking breakfast baguette or croissant
  • Throw in flour, sugar and cocoa & mix well
  • Add egg and mix again
  • Pour in milk and oil and mix well
  • Add chocolate chips and vanilla
  • Mix, then cook in the microwave for two and a half minutes. Don't panic if it goes over the top of the mug.
  • Cut in half serves 2 adults very well with a dollop of ice cream or cream or squirty cream.
Very yummy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

easy and lovely!

I added some orange zest to this and its pretty good!

Ann Cardus said...

I must try that, it sounds good

Charlierhi said...

7 years later and I had a sudden flash in my brain remembering this pudding and that you'd blogged about it. Plus I have all the ingredients (it's fate). Thanks! X