I had left over cranberries after making cranberry sauce so I made some cranberry muffins. They are lactose free too which is a bonus.
- 280g plain flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt (optional)
- 85g granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 240 ml orange juice
- 110g fresh cranberries, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated orange or lemon zest
- 90 ml corn oil
- Put muffin papers in muffin tin.
- Turn oven on to 170C (fan oven)
- In large bowl sift flour, salt, baking powder and then stir in sugar.
- In separate bowl mix egg with orange juice, cranberries, rind and oil.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients with gentle stirring.
- When combined spoon into muffin cases and bake for about 25 mins and tops are browned lightly and spring back when pressed lightly.
Job done. Eat.
(Can be frozen.)