Friday 27 February 2015

I get it

This conversation happened this morning:

Dave: “I’m trying my new migraine medicine."

Me: “Does that mean you have a migraine?"

Dave: “Yep. Head really hurts."

Me: “So you won’t be going into work then…"

Dave: “I have to."

Me: “You don’t have to."

Dave: “I do."

Now your instinctive reaction here might be to think “What?!”  I know, a killer hurting head and he’s still going to go to work.

The thing is that I understand this response.  Dave had people travelling to the office for meetings and he didn’t want to let them down.  I’d have had the same reaction.  I might have tried to think of someone who could take my place but, if that had failed, I’d haul my sorry hurting head into work.

If you travelled to a meeting to find your host was off sick, how would you feel?

 

No comments: