I made this today and it’s delicious which is why I’m sharing the recipe.
- 25g butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 400g potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 725ml fish stock (I used vegetable stock)
- 200g natural uncooked smoked haddock, skinned and flaked
- 75ml single cream
- cayenne pepper - I used about half a teaspoon
Garnish if required:
- 1 egg, hard boiled and finely chopped
- 2 tbsps finely chopped fresh parsley
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, add three-quarters of the onion and 225g of the potato, then cook gently for 5 minutes, without browning
- Add the stock, cover, bring to the boil and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender
- Blend until smooth and return to the pan
- Add the remaining vegetables, cover, then simmer gently for 10 minutes until the vegetables are tender
- Remove from the heat, add the fish, stir in the cream and add cayenne to taste.
- Reheat gently for 5 minutes, then serve with garnish, if required.