Some Saturdays I have helped marshal at the Brentwood Parkrun. If you can, I’d recommend you do too. Reasons to do it:
- It gets you out of bed
- It gets you out into the countryside
- It gets you a little bit of exercise
- You meet some lovely (kind, generous and fit) people
- You spend thirty minutes cheering people on, and making others cheer up reflects back into your own mood.
- For a small investment of time and energy you are contributing to other people’s wellbeing and your own.
- It’s a great way to start a Saturday
If you just like a bit of Ian Dury, here you are: