Wednesday 12 August 2015

How often?

Every year the Perseids Meteor shower comes around and every year I can't be bothered to look.
But how often do I have access to a roof terrace with loungers already in situ?
I could climb out of the bathroom window and lie on the conservatory ceiling but that neither convenient not comfortable.
Dave took a look and concluded the sky wasn't clear enough.  He was right about the most air rising above nearby mountains but the view straight up seemed good enough.
I had a lie down.  I spotted satellites,  moths,  aircraft and stars.  Just as I was about to give up I saw my first strong,  obvious,  in your face shooting star.
I've been here a while now and seen quite a few.  The people on a nearby rooftop seem to have stopped their oohing and aching so I think it might be time to call it a night but I think meteor showers might be addictive?
Tomorrow night?

No comments: