Friday 22 September 2006

Freaking out

Am I losing it? I decided today that the school Nativity play is freaking me out.

I know it's September.

What the school don't realise is that I need 3 months notice if I have to produce a costume. Clearly if my daughter gets picked to be Mary then it's not a problem, but she has red hair so chances are slim (that's so Ginger-ist but true). So she'll probably end up being a sheep or camel. Now shepherd I could probably cope with, but that's probably about it.

You're thinking I'm a weirdo uber mum that has to everything properly, you know, cakes for the school fair (homebaked of course) etc but you would be so wrong. I'm just useless when it comes to anything creative like how to make a 4 year old look like a sheep.

I'm reading a book "Mother's Day" (chick lit, borrowed from a friend) and I think that's what started it off. One of the kids in the book is a camel for the Nativity play and one is a lizard. Camel, Lizard - wtf. I know I ought to calm down, this is fiction after all and reality is an entirely different thing but I can't help myself.

And the thing that will make me even more anxious is when I start surfing the web for ideas on how to make these outfits and I'll be overwhelmed by the needlework skill required. There is always the possibility that I could cheat and buy, but can you buy camel outfits for 4 year olds?

Maybe I'm too fixated on the camel idea.

No comments: