Tuesday 19 September 2006

Going to the gym

I normally go to the gym with long suffering Mel. The poor girl has to put up with me "downloading", just talking non stop. Talking about work, family and life in general is a great stress reliever. So my gym sessions are quite effective as I'm gaining endorphins and eliminating stress at the same time.

Anyway today Mel and I overlapped at the gym for about 5 minutes so I was left with my fabulous Geoff Show podcast. If you haven't, you should, subscribe. So I was daydreaming too, much that is inappropriate for general consumption, but there was a fair amount of idle thought too.

Do people go to the gym to find love? Is it really one of the places people meet a partner? Because glossy women's magazines would have us believe it's a route to a relationship.

The reason I ask is that I have never, ever, seen it happen. I've seen couples go to the gym together and I've seen friends go to the gym together but that's all.

Now it could be that I go to the wrong kind of gym. Maybe love can be found in the bars of gyms where people pay to belong. Maybe you're reading this and that's how you met your wife/girlfriend/husband/boyfriend. If so, please let me know.

And please don't get the wrong idea. I go to the gym to burn calories, keep fit, get strong. I already have me a man. I'm not currently looking for a replacement.

No comments: