Thursday 28 September 2006

I'm a little teapot

Well maybe I'm not quite a little teapot but I got a teapot today, and a mug, and a sugar bowl.

Work is a funny thing. I worked my socks off yesterday, did loads, knocked a lot of tasks off my to do list, which was quite satisfying really. I call it work because I was supplying information, requesting information, organising things, making decisions.

Whereas today was completely different. I just sat in a room, listened, talked, listened again and did another bit of talking again and did some more listening. Is that really work? There was definitely an information exchange but it's not really work, is it?

I had coffee in Starbucks with Tracey, thanks Tracey, because we were early. For the morning we sat in comfy chairs, in a nice building, with proper coffee and pastries. Granted we were doing some listening and talking but it's not what I call graft.

Lunch was at a very nice restaurant (could have done wine and pudding but knew I was going to the gym tonight so didn't).

Afternoon was a bit of the same from the morning except there was a teapot, mug and sugar thingy.

Anyway, it's not hard work and whilst it was honest, it's not honest work if you know what I mean.

And the obscene thing is I got paid a lot to do it.

No comments: