Sunday 22 February 2009

Swapping party

I went to a clothes swapping party yesterday. It was a first for me and I was a bit apprehensive.

What does one take to a clothes swapping party? Apart from clothes obviously.

I did a wardrobe sweep and made two piles of clothes: a charity shop pile and a party pile. The charity shop pile were clothes that just needed to go. The party clothes were, mainly, items I really wanted to wear but whenever I tried to wear them I ended up changing my mind.

Well the girls at the party were a variety of sizes but that didn’t seem to matter. Strangely, rather than looking at the size on the label, we just tried anything and everything on. And things that the label said wouldn’t fit, did.

Not every item found a home but all bar one of my items did.

I took 13 items and came away with five. My wardrobe has more space and I have some items I might wear to replace items I didn’t wear (even though I’m not sure about a couple of items).

Anyway I can recommend the experience. And I think I can probably find more items in the wardrobe. Anyone up for it?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

FORGET FASHION WEEK…. THIS WEEK IS NATIONAL CLOTHES SWAPPING WEEK!!

The UK’s first ever National Clothes Swapping Week (organised by www.Bigwardrobe.com, the Internet’s biggest clothes swapping website) started last Friday - to coincide with London Fashion Week. Fashion fans everywhere are being urged to dig out their unwanted items and list them on Bigwardrobe.com for the busiest and most successful week of clothes swapping in history! The founders of Bigwardrobe.com hope to show people that you don’t have to travel to a fashion capital like London or Paris or Milan - or even spend a single penny - to be 100% on-trend.

Happy swapping xxx

http://www.bigwardrobe.com