Saturday 11 August 2007

WiFi

The place we're going for our hols has WiFi in the bar, by the pool and somewhere else. This means I could take my (work) laptop with me on holiday.

This is an attractive proposition as I like tinternet and all it has to offer. You may have noticed. ;)

I'm not sure the family would share my enthusiasm but I think I could get away with it.

There is, however, a part of me that thinks that complete removal from all things world wide web would be a real benefit of a holiday; a true holiday.

The main problem with this is that, in addition to WiFi access, there is also a PC with internet access available. I think the PC is in the basement.

I know what I'm like. If there's one thing I can't resist, it's temptation. I know I'll feel drawn to the basement. This resets the decision of the laptop.

What's worse for the family? Would they prefer that I disappeared for long periods of time off to the basement or would they rather I was with them but distracted, playing with the laptop? Decisions, decisions.

No comments: