Friday 24 September 2010

Popular vote

I hosted a coffee morning in aid of Macmillan this morning.  I know, I know, I’ve already bored you incessantly in my desire to raise funds.

If I’m honest it was a bit of a faff.  It meant shopping and baking and stuff but the main pain was tidying and cleaning the house.  However (big however) it was lovely to have a house full of people enjoying one another’s company but (very big but) it was wonderful on a Friday evening to have a tidy and clean (ish) house.  It was also lovely to raise money for a wonderful cause.

Anyway we had a number of bakes (too many if truth be told, having invited approx. 600 people I over-catered for the 15 ish that turned up).  In addition to my over-baking there was an addition from Mark, a very welcome addition (and very tasty).

The bakes on offer were:

  • Red velvet cupcakes
  • Lemon cupcakes
  • Easy chocolate cake
  • Banana and choc chip muffins
  • Fridge cake aka tiffin
  • Chocolate brownie cake
  • Lemon and poppyseed cake (from Mark)

I have recipes for all and am happy to share.  A couple of these recipes can already be found on this blog but I’m happy to share again.

If you ask for a recipe, I’ll share.  The more requests a recipe gets, the quicker the sharing.

No comments: