Tuesday 8 July 2008

Say no to 0870

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;

Our Sky box wasn't playing nicely this evening. We pressed the remote control button lots of times. We pressed the Power button several times. I gave up and watched the cached Dr Who on the PC (what a blindingly fabulous episode). Dave came home and wanted to phone Sky.

There are many things that irritate me about Sky (extortionate pricing, a monopoly in Brentwood, poor service, I could go on...) but the biggest of all is the fact they make a profit on the telephone calls into customer service. That's just mean.

But I happen to know about a neat little website: www.saynoto0870.com.

And this is the number we used to bypass the 0870 telephone number: 01506 421825.

You still have to wait for an interminably long time. You still have no idea how long you'll have to wait. You still have to interact with annoying numbered menu systems. You'll still end up with a company drone that gives you duff advice.

But you won't be paying a fortune for the privilege.

It made me feel a tiny bit better about the whole experience, but I still hate Sky.

No comments: