Friday 4 April 2008

Funeral headache

I've had a headache for most of the day.

Today I went to a funeral and not unsurprisingly I cried. Funerals are generally sad places and they induce crying caused by emotions.

I always get a headache when I cry. I had previously thought this was caused by some kind of pressure build up caused by trying not to cry. Whenever I find myself crying I don't want to and I try not to. I'd thought that the headache I experience was because I was trying really hard to maintain composure.

Well the "crying headache" is a known phenomenon. OK, I'm saying that based on a quick Google search. There were loads of links confirming a link between crying and a headache. Some suggested it was the stress behind the headache that was responsible, others that it was dehydration caused by water loss through tears.

No comments: