Tuesday 5 August 2014

Cleaning sucks

Some time last year, James went out of his way to recommend something that would change my life.

This type of thing happens rarely in the office so I paid attention.

How often does a man recommend something to make housework easier?  Well if it had ever happened before then I could count the times but it's difficult to count nothing.

James was really enthusiastic so I listened attentively.

A task that was always difficult made an absolute breeze by the acquisition and use of a tiny little gadget.

Well it's not so tiny, but James persuaded me that I needed this must-have gadget.  It wasn't a difficult sell.  I'm a sucker for a gadget, especially one with blinding Amazon reviews.

I splashed some cash.  Well actually I splashed some Tesco Clubcard vouchers and within a matter of days I was in the possession of a Karcher window vac.

A what?  A window vac?  Yes, a window vac.

It's like a squeegee but electric and sucks the the water into a reservoir.  It eliminates streaks and doesn't leave a puddle of cleaning liquid at the squeegee's finish point.

I understood James's evangelism and I started my own Karcher window vac ministry.

I have now had multiple conversations with friends and colleagues spreading the word about the window vac.  The genius of this bit of kit is that I've hardly used it on windows but it comes into its own on worktops and glass tables as well as cars (windows and bodywork).

Buy one, you won't regret it.

 

No comments: