Sunday 10 August 2014

X for

Today we enjoyed rather too much of the A303, the M3 and the M25.

My ears were bombarded with the whining child's cry of "I'm bored" so I kicked off the alphabet memory game.

This has many forms but I merged a few themes to initiate "On my holiday I took ..." And kicked off with an Aardvark.

We worked our way through the alphabet with the following choices:

Aardvark 
Bear
Cheetah
Dinosaur
Emu
Frog
Gecko
Handbag full of hippos
Ibis
Jaguar
Lynx
Minotaur
Nuthatch
Orc
Pig
Roger Rabbit
Sphinx
Tiny tortoise
Unicorn
Vampire bat
Weasel 
X-Ray Tetra

And then it fell over because my submission of X-Ray Tetra was not allowed by the two remaining contestants Dave and Ethan.

Dave asserted that I'd clearly cheated. 

I had, but you tell me of an animal that starts with X.

Then they couldn't agree on what should happen next. Should my submission be allowed to stand or should poor Ethan be required to come up with an alternative suggestion? Should they skip straight to "Y"? 

The game collapsed and we resorted to what we do best: calling each other names.

No comments: