Sunday 17 August 2014

Tits out

I know you might have been expecting a blog about a train but that will have to wait.

I've had breasts on my mind today.

We were in Siena today doing the usual touristy things and that included the crypt for the Duomo.

In the crypt was this:

Now this was painted in 1327. It's a religious painting and it shows a breast.

So for the last lots of hundred years looking at a woman breast feeding has been acceptable not only in public, but in a church.

So why are Instagram and Facebook (Ok, same company) being so prudish and banning the breast, even in a breast-feeding context.

I think the attitude of Facebook serves to make women feel "dirty" for doing the most natural thing in the world.

It's not often you'll hear me saying the church is right about anything, but, on this one, I'm willing to consider their point of view.

No comments: