Thursday 5 October 2006

Slippery pole

Last pole dancing class tonight. At the end of every course Sara, our instructor, encourages us to wear a little bit less, put on some heels and bring a video camera.

Well I couldn't wear much less than I normally do for the class as lots of exposed skin is helpful with some of the tricks. I normally wear boots with heels anyway too because boots help when you're climbing the pole and the heel is supposed to help somehow, but I can't remember why.

As for the camera, well at the end of the Beginner's class I took a video camera and videoed the routine. I've lost the resulting DVD so this time I just took the digital camera.

So the plan was that we'd practise the individal moves, have a run through of the routine to iron out glitches and then do a final videoed run through.

I was doing really well today. We learned a new move - the balance, sort of sitting on the pole without using hands/arms. I managed to get upside-down at least 4 times, did many of the tricks much better than I have done before and it was all coming together for the run through.

And then we did the videoed routine. And I was so, so, so, fed up. We had all been working hard, and the pole was too hot and slippery. I couldn't get a grip almost from the very start of the routine. There were so many moves that I couldn't do and it wasn't because I was too tired or I didn't know how to do the trick it was simply because the pole was too slippery. If we'd done the video at the beginning of the session it would have been fine. So disappointing.

No comments: