Tuesday 24 October 2006

Something is rotten...

Pumpkin is really mouldy - had to throw it away.

I'll have to get a new one now. What a faff. I mean it's not too difficult but I've got to buy it and then spend about 30 minutes mucking around with it making it Halloweeny enough to go in the porch. Then I've got to remember to put candles in it.

I was wondering about the candles. Is it stupid to put a burning candle in a porch that isn't secured? My only thought was - is there a chance that some nasty person will come along and put that burning candle through the letterbox? Chances are they'd burn their hands and if they managed to get it through the letterbox we'd just have an extinguished flame and hot wax all over the hall floor. But I guess there's a remote possibility that the whole house could go up in smoke.

Am I just being overly cautious or do you think this is just an elaborate excuse for not doing another stupid pumpkin?

I know this looks really hypocritical because just a few posts ago I was letting you know how easy it is to carve a pumpkin. Well I sort of lied. It's not difficult, it's just an inconvenience, especially second time around. I also know that if I ask the children whether there should be a replacement pumpkin, the answer will be "yes". So I'm tempted not to ask.

No comments: