Tuesday 10 October 2006

Testing Organisational Skills

I'm going to Berlin tomorrow for work. I'll be working on days that I don't normally work and you won't believe how complex the planning has had to be to make this possible.

On Thursday Dave will be getting to work late. His parents will be coming over to "babysit" although I think I can safely say my children aren't babies anymore. I figure if a child tells you they're not a baby, then they're probably not.

Everyone will trot down to Tumble Tots so Ethan can get his Thusday morning workout. Is it pathetic that I pay for my 2 year old to attempt an assault course every Thursday morning?
Once T Tots is finished everyone will dash back home for lunch and Hannah will then be rushed off to school. I've warned the in-laws that this turnaround is tight (although I do an additional child pick-up that they won't be doing - note to self must remind other child's mum I won't be there this week).

Then Ethan gets taken home for a nap. Once he's woken up Hannah will need collecting from school. Again, my in-laws have it relatively easy as I normally dash down to the local leisure centre to take Hannah trampolining, but it's "off" this week. So all they need to worry about is feeding time and then Dave will be home to help with bath and bedtime routines.

On Friday it's a little easier because I have been able to find nursery places for both kiddiwinks. So my in-laws will be helping with the lunchtime transfer and the after school and after nursery pick ups. I think Dave will be asking them to hang around into the evening so Dave can visit the physiotherapist. Normally I'd be there to make sure the children don't escape the house and run riot on the streets but I'll be in an airport and on a plane.

In theory, I'll arrive back home at about 10:00pm tired and exhausted and without having to worry about a thing. I wonder if that will be the reality.

No comments: