Monday 20 November 2006

4am

It's blinkin' 4:00 o'clock in the blinkin' morning and I can't sleep.

I have the same stinking cold I've had for the last month, I'm stressed about work and I'm stressed about home life.

To remedy the cold I have a Lemsip brewed although I know that merely masks the symptoms.

Work stress is harder to deal with. That's the perennial too much work, not enough me but it's compounded by a meeting that will chew up Monday morning and the fact that I have a trip to Germany on Wednesday. The Monday thing is just eating into productive time. The trip is less of a problem for that because it might help sort a few things out. It's just that it's probably 5 years since I visited our German offices and I have no idea where I'm going. I have a sort of nightmare that'll I'll get the flight over and then I'll just spend the day walking around in circles getting more and more lost. Additionally it means getting up early, probably 5:15am which is just anti social, especially when I'm feeling run down with cold anyway.

I could start a rant about the new procedures that have been issued at work to help supervisors deal with sickness, but I won't, because I want to feed the good wolf (see yesterday's post).

No comments: