Sunday 26 November 2006

Mentally

I'm not proud to admit that I had a bit of a 'gover this morning.

Champagne, wine, Drambuie, G&T does not a happy head make.

Consequently I've been a bit slow today.

Was annoyed this morning to notice that in our hotel room the sink was blocked. I'd noticed it was slow draining last night but at 1:00am, full of booze, the last thing I wanted to do was wait for hotel maintenance.

I didn't understand why it had gone from draining slowly to blocked during the night. Mentally I was drafting my letter of complaint.

After I told Dave, we decided we'd ask the hotel to fix it while we had breakfast. Then I realised the soap for the basin was missing and I put two and two together. Sure enough the soap was covering the plughole. Mentally I screwed up my letter of complaint into a tiny ball and threw it away.

No comments: