Friday 8 December 2006

The "do me" button

Do you ever surf for one thing and get sidetracked? Well I'm sure you do, that's why the internet is so addictive.

Well the other night I was looking for NLP, or Neuro Linguistic Programming. Why was I looking for it? Well someone mentioned it earlier in the day and I'd heard about it before but still didn't know enough to talk knowledgably. Well I still don't because I got sidetracked.

My Google use is aberrant. I often click to 59th page of results or another random page. It's a mild user led revolt against the way that Google serves up results. I saw a presentation by Google and they said 98% of people don't click beyond the first 3 pages of results. They thought my usage pattern was most strange, as did everyone else in the room.

So whilst clicking onto page 73 of results I happened across the weirdest weirdo site ever. Someone who claimed to be an ugly, misshapen man, or similar, was flogging an NLP technique that guaranteed men success with women.

From memory, the site was just one page, but it was a very long page. I never made it to the bottom of the page.

The stuff I did read was bizarre. This guy reckoned he'd developed this technique that enabled the ugliest, unluckiest men to sleep with the most attractive and gorgeous women. He used NLP to unlock a woman's "do me" button.

I'm not kidding. This guy reckoned he'd unlocked a woman's "do me" button in just 16 minutes and that he had consistent and regular sex with women that he acquired via this technique. The worrying aspect (well OK the whole site was worrying) of the site was that the author claimed to use hypnosis before he found this technique.

At this point there's a part of me that's thinking "OK, I don't want to know about NLP – it's something for freaks" but another part of me is thinking "I'm curious. This sounds like a technique that could be put to a host of uses…"

The first part of me won which is why I still know nothing. And if you don't believe me, this site exists:
http://www.sexualkey.com .

No comments: