Wednesday 27 December 2006

To bra or not to bra

Did I tell you about the dinner thing I went to with the bra incident? It's just that I was having a conversation with someone today about going commando and this came to mind.

Now this wasn't an evening when I was commando, just so that we have context correct right at the start.

But I was wearing nice evening dress and before I went downstairs (dinner was in the hotel we were staying in) I had a dilemma: to bra or not to bra?

Now I don't like the visible bra look. It works for some people, but I don't like it on me. Well under this particular dress, if I was standing up and the dress was sitting properly on me, the bra didn't show so I opted for bra.

During the starter I kept looking down and seeing the bra. I was becoming paranoid about the bra. It was time to do something about it.

I told Dave what I was going to do. I planned to nip back to our room, remove bra and nip back down. If I was quick I could be back in time for the main course. I don't quite know why it was important for me to be super quick but I guess I didn't want to have to explain my absence.

Our room was on the 9th floor. I got out to the lifts and once in the lift on my own, I thought I'd multi task. I thought I could remove the offending item (bra) and travel in lift at the same time. There was a part of me that thought "what if someone wants to get in on the 4th floor?" but I took the risk.

Well every girl knows how to remove a bra without removing any other clothes. So I started to, and then the hooks at the back of the bra got caught on the dress and I couldn't remove the bra. The ninth floor was quickly approaching. I knew the doors would open at the ninth floor and I was wrestling with a bra and a dress.

Just before the doors opened I shoved the bra down inside the dress. I rushed to our room, unhooked bra, made myself presentable again and rushed back to the lift. I thought that I needed to show some change to explain my absence so I thought I'd reapply lipstick in the lift on the way down.

So in lift on way down I'm applying lippy thinking it wouldn't be ideal if the lift doors opened on floor four.

So having gone through this trauma, I appear back at the table (a little less supported maybe) looking unruffled.

I explain to Dave in a whisper about my escapade and his response "You're such a chav."

No comments: