Saturday 28 April 2007

Headache tablets

So I'm going away for the weekend. It's four o'clock and I'm stuck on the M25. The road is closed and I have two children in the back of the car that want to be at the seaside.

It's probably my own fault. Janet and Louise tried to persuade me to take Hannah out of school. I couldn't bring myself to do it. There's just something about rules and authority that I find very intimidating. Even their suggestion of a fake doctor's appointment at lunchtime was something I couldn't bing myself to attempt. The fact that it took me all of Friday to pack for two days is neither here nor there.

The above was written on the M25. We've landed now and the delays weren't too bad. The kids were late to bed so I'm hoping for a lie in. Or at least I was hoping for a lie in before I had beer and Pimms and forgot to pack the painkillers....

No comments: