Thursday 7 February 2008

Am I weird?

I was told last week that I'm uber-organised. I disagreed, or agreed to the extent that the areas of my life that are organised are through necessity.

I cook in bulk and freeze. How else do I have a meal ready prepared so that when I walk in through the door at 6:00pm there's something for Hannah to eat? My solution is simple...a meal extracted from the freezer in the morning and put in a timer set oven.

I file, alphabetically in an expanding file, some of the brochures and catalogues that come through the door. Well before I did that they just ended up in different places all over the house and I could never find what I wanted. Plus if I threw them all away I could never remember which company was selling what. What do other people do? Admittedly I hardly ever buy anything this way but that's not the point.

I label the kids toy storage. OK hands up that's sad, but that has nothing to do with being organised. I wanted a label maker for ages and one day I cracked and bought one and just labelled the whole house. :-)

We have box files that are labelled Ann's Essential Docs, Dave's Essential Docs, Kids Essential Docs. Where else would one store birth certificates, wedding certificates, passports, driving licence?

Do you see what I'm saying? I'm not weird am I?

2 comments:

Rana said...

Yes. Undoubtedly.

But not because you are efficient ;)

Ann Cardus said...

Any plan to elaborate?