Saturday 23 February 2008

Competitive parenting

Dave's gone skiing and the children are less than impressed. I've commenced the competitive parenting.

This morning there was little opportunity to fit in anything bar the normal Saturday morning activities. I did squeeze in the purchase of three pairs of children's footwear and a cafe stop with wonderful ice cream for the children.

Lunch was "DIY sandwich" which is messy but fun and this afternoon we went swimming. This is something we rarely do together but we always think is a good idea. The icing on the cake - crisps from the vending machine afterwards.

Tomorrow the children and I are off in to London, or that's the current plan. Hannah wants to go the the Florence Nightingale museum near Waterloo (whatever floats your boat) and I thought we could fit in a trip to the Museum of Childhood in Bethnal Green too.

All of this means I'm exhausted. As well as today's activities I bought an ironing board (carrying that through the High Street was a challenge), bought an excellent Father's Day present, batch cooked a beef casserole and cleared all of the current ironing in the house as well as completing four loads in the washing machine. I think I'll be in bed at the same time as the children tomorrow night.

At least the children will have more fun without their Dad than with their Dad. That'll teach him (to bugger off and leave me for five days to cope on my own).

No comments: