Friday 29 February 2008

Honey honey

This morning after preparing toast for the children, my attention turned to the honey.

Yesterday it was apparent that the clear, runny honey wasn't anymore; it wasn't clear or runny.

The child-friendly container that enabled squeezy dispensing was rendered redundant.

Yesterday I boiled a jug full of water and allowed the honey to sit there until, finally, some semblance of liquidity returned. Today that level of patience deserted me.

I decided that microwaves were invented for such a purpose. Microwaves, on the whole, frighten me. I don't understand them. Well I understand how they work but judging exactly what power level and time to use is still an art that is beyond me (excepting heating a mug of coffee that has been left to get cold as I do that numerous times a day).

So I reduced the power level and opted for a minute. As usual I was doing several other things while the microwave was whirring and I only gave it some attention when it beeped at me.

I opened the door to success and failure. The honey had melted - success But so had the child-friendly container which wasn't even adult-friendly anymore - failure.

Oops.

No comments: