Thursday 28 February 2008

I won't tell you

I watched a show today in which someone wanted to learn the finer points of childbirth.

She was finding it difficult to get any women to divulge the exact details of the birth. There's a good reason for this - species survival.

The human race would not last very long if every woman was fully informed about childbirth before falling pregnant. Many women might actually be prepared to share the information but something funny happens to women after baby makes an appearance; they lose the ability to recall details of the event.

Anyway the show was actually the best guide to childbirth I've seen and I've attended quite a few ante natal classes in my time. It was called Dawn gets a Baby and it's still available to watch both on BBC Three and on the BBC iPlayer.

Promise me though you'll only watch it if you've had a baby.

No comments: