Wednesday 20 February 2008

Picture this

Like most of the population, we have, and use, a digital camera.

That's not strictly accurate. We have three digital cameras. As to "our" usage of the one camera that sees the most clicking, it's a bit one-sided - the usage that is, not the camera.

As I'm the handbag carrying member of the family, the camera usually travels with me. This means that I'm the one that takes most of the pictures. This means that it's Dave and the children that are usually the subject of photographs.

Hannah and I had a conversation while we were away in Madeira. I explained that when she's a lot older looking back on photos of her childhood they won't provide a complete picture. Her mum will be missing.

I hate photos of myself, so having none at the moment isn't a big deal. In 20 years time though, I think I'll mind a lot.

No comments: