Tuesday 19 February 2008

Live long and prosper

Horizon tonight investigated longevity within three communities with examples of life spans that exceed the norm.

So what's the secret?
  • In the first community it's healthy eating, a lot of tofu in the diet, deliberate partial starving of the body, community based activity and having the belief that everything will work out OK.
  • In the second it appears that marrying one's relatives is the key.
  • The third relies on religion to provide a stress free life where a tight-knit community supports its members.
Oh dear.
  • I don't eat tofu at all and my diet is not very healthy (not quite Glasgow levels though).
  • I didn't marry a brother or cousin or even someone from the community in which I was born or grew up.
  • I am an athiest; not even agnostic, but a card carrying athiest.
I wonder what I should consider my life expectancy to be?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Relax - you're about to retire!

Ann Cardus said...

That's not even funny...