Saturday 13 October 2007

House painting

Helen had an accident yesterday. OK, allow me to rephrase. Some lowlife scum that as a bizarre grudge that has lasted eight years, reversed into my friend knocking her over and injuring her (on the school run, if the attack wasn't bad enough).

The children decided they should paint Helen a picture. As the weather was lovely I suggested they decamp outside.

I set up all of the equipment and then kept an eye open through the open dining room window whilst cooking dinner.

Things were getting a bit messy but they're only three and five so I expect mess, even if it was all over their clothes. They kept getting paint everywhere and coming indoors to wash their hands (and sleeves). And then Hannah came in and said "I've got a message for you."

"Yes...?"

"Ethan has painted the house."

Cue ballistic reaction from me as I go outside to see blue paint on a couple of external walls. Cue Ethan dissolving into tears.

My mood improved when I realised the paint was removed easily with the aid of the hosepipe.

The art is complete and I will post it when the paint has dried and it won't stick to the scanner.

I wonder if all artists are troubled so.

No comments: