Tuesday 30 October 2007

No fault found

Took the motor into the dealership yesterday and gave them four hours to play with it.

Andy, the rather good looking technician, failed to find the source of the problem and I agreed to book it for a whole day of playing today.

The dealer gave me a lift to work and I had the pleasure of intelligent conversation with an Essex Ford driver. OK I lied, conversation was very limited.

In the afternoon I had a call from the lovely Andy who had had six and a half hours to tinker with my automobile.

My opinion of Andy changed. He might be easy on the eye but he was dim. He explained that most new cars take about 15 minutes to shutdown completely after locking, but Mondeos take 45 minutes. I failed to see how this was relevant given the car had lain idle for two days before we discovered the flat battery. It wasn't as though I'd been constantly locking and unlocking the car. "Ah," thought Andy "time for a new tack."

He told me that there was "no fault found" and that the current drain was negligible. Something that contradicted the comedy AA man.

I asked him why I had a flat battery on Sunday if there was nothing wrong. He explained that sometimes during the pre-delivery inspection batteries can have little charge. I failed to understand how this could be relevant as I'd been driving the vehicle for two weeks without any issue.

Andy started to run out of explanations and he resorted to the "If you have the problem again, and I recognise that isn't ideal, give us a call and ask for me, Andy"

As for Andy, I can't say 'no fault found'.

No comments: