Sunday 7 October 2007

The old Mars Venus thing again

I've read Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus and over the last week I've been aware of media coverage (particularly Guardian and Radio 4) of Deborah Cameron's book The Myth of Mars and Venus.

It seems John Gray was writing a lot of tosh when he penned his book citing the many gender differences that are now part of our everyday vernacular.

Anyway, as I read around the subject I found a cool website. The Gender Genie takes text (about 500 words) and analyses it so that it can guess your gender.

I selected a couple of my blogs that didn't make it obvious I was female and cut and paste.

Guess what - I'm a man, but only just. The analysis produced a score of 652 for male and 640 for female.

I'm not quite sure what to think, or how to react.

No comments: