Wednesday 3 October 2007

Shopaholic

I had a personal shopping session today. I have very few opportunities for shopping and booked this because I need an outfit for a wedding.

I think I got quite a good deal.
  • I went on a preview sale night and the jacket I bought was reduced by £50
  • The bag I bought had a ticket price of £45 but the till registered £36. The bag was dusty so the assistant knocked a further £7.20 off the price
  • I opened an account which saved me 10%
  • There was a further £40 reduction in my bill because it was a preview evening
  • Shopping on a preview evening also earned me a box of chocolates and a perfume sampler ('Christina Aguilera')
All of which was very nice. And then there was the icing on the cake. The personal shopper who served me was late for the appointment and was very apologetic. I'm not sure whether this was a factor but, as we parted, she handed me the following as a 'little gift':
  • A tote bag
  • A make up bag
  • A Hugo Boss body lotion (for women)
  • Clinique: moisturiser, facial soap, lipstick, mascara, body butter, eye shadow set and applicator
  • Perfume samples for the following: Jean Paul Gaultier 'Classique', Thierry Mugler 'Amen' (x2), Paco Rabanne 'Black XS', Hugo Boss Man 'XY' (x2), Hermes 'Kelly Caleche', 'Ghost', 'Mariah Carey'
  • A magazine
But most importantly, I managed to find an outfit for the wedding.

No comments: