Tuesday 23 October 2007

Legs

I think my legs disappeared in about 2002.

I used to wear skirts to work and then I had children and I stopped. I'm not quite sure why. Maybe I just decided one day that I didn't like my legs anymore.

I know when I was pregnant with Hannah I threw away about 90% of my work wardrobe. That unnerved Dave a bit. I think he just visualised loss of income because if I was ditching the work clothes then, in his mind, I was ditching work. What he didn't realise was that I was probably just having a haywire pregnancy hormone moment of madness (which was incredibly liberating).

About two weeks before I returned after maternity leave I went on a shopping expedition to replenish the wardrobe void. And I returned with trouser suits and not a skirt in sight.

One might imagine that this was a blip and that leg exposing clothes might have been acquired on subsequent excursions, but no, nothing, nada. But it's not been intentional, perhaps my subconscious at work?

No comments: