Wednesday 14 November 2007

Appropriate conduct

Today I was excited and delighted to receive in my inbox at work, a new Code of Conduct Handbook. I haven't read it yet. But just before I read it I sent the following e-mail to the team:

Hi guys

A few of us were chatting about the need to get horribly drunk and
embarrass ourselves. We idly thought about this Fri night.

I recognise this isn't everyone's cup of tea but you're all welcome to join the fun.

The hazy and somewhat ill-considered plan is as follows:

7:30 Slug and Lettuce
And maybe a few other hostelries
Then probably a curry somewhere
Then staggering into a nightclub
Carriages when you can't walk anymore

Dress code: Anything. Fancy dress will be accepted (it is Children in Need night after all and you don't need a better excuse to be away from the telly).


I think the new Handbook may be aimed at people like me.

No comments: