Tuesday 13 November 2007

Multi tasking

I was tired today, and I mean really tired. I was almost falling asleep at my desk.

This evening I went to the gym even though it was the last thing I wanted to do.

I stepped up onto the treadmill and started walking fast (I don't do running because too many things wobble). I then wondered if I could multi task. I thought I could close my eyes while I was on the treadmill and hold on the the bar so I didn't fall off. Maybe I could do a sort of sleep walking, killing two birds with one stone; exercise and sleep.

I know it's a daft idea now but when you're that tired you're not thinking straight.

The surprising thing is that I didn't fall over. It was a bit of a weird experience. I partially lost my sense of balance. It was like being a little bit drunk. It felt quite good but that might have been the having my eyes closed bit and relaxing.

I had to open my eyes in the end because I thought people would think I was strange, but I can recommend the experience. Just don't sue if you hurt yourself.

No comments: