Wednesday 21 November 2007

Call me Tiger

I have always agreed with Mr Twain that the game of golf is a good walk ruined.

This view is wholly based on supposition. I have never played a serious, or even semi serious game of golf. I have wandered around a course sipping gin and tonics and that was very pleasant, for a corporate hospitality event. Side issue but why does golf have to be one of the main corporate hospitality destinations? But I have never swung a golf stick in anger.

Anyway, Dave has offered to buy me some lessons.

Ah, I hear you cry, he just wants her to learn so that she can share the great game with him and they can play together. Well you'd be wrong. Dave has been to driving ranges and aimed balls at the golf cart that collects the balls. He's also played a couple of rounds of golf a long time ago. He has even fallen asleep in a bunker when drunk taking a shortcut home. I probably shouldn't be telling you that but hey ho. But playing golf regularly he doesn't do.

I think he can see the benefit of having me out of the house for a couple of hours every week. I can see his point of view.

Initially I was apprehensive, but I'm coming round to the idea. Do you think I should accept the offer (gift horse, mouth and all that)?

No comments: