Wednesday 28 November 2007

It can't be true

We used to have:
  • BT for line rental
  • Onetel for calls
  • Tiscali for Broadband, 2 Meg
  • Sky for TV
Total cost per month was about £50. Oh and the TV reception didn't work so we used a Freeview box instead.

Now we have Tiscali for everything including 8 Meg broadband.

Cost per month - £25.

And, into the bargain, the the guy that installed it was fit.

So we now receive our TV signal over the internet and it travels over the mains to get to the TV. This avoids the useless Sky dish and the not quite so bad aerial in the loft. I don't understand how it works, but it does so I'm happy. I don't understand how wireless works either. In fact there's a lot I don't understand.

Broadband is now 8 Meg but when TV is on up to 2.8 Meg is used for that.

I'm wondering what the catch is. Er.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

how about a wifi plasma dear?
http://www.slipperybrick.com/2007/07/samsung-94-series-plasma-hdtv-wifi/

I am wifi - seen this?
http://vishdhamija.blogspot.com/2007/11/home-wifi-network_27.html

Ann Cardus said...

And of course I've seen it. I was most impressed.

Anonymous said...

Here’s a Broadband Video that will show you how to check availability by postcode, how perform a broadband speed test and where to find broadband forums to answer your questions. There are also offers for SKY Broadband.
http://memoriasdopresente.blogspot.com/2004/06/nascer-em-2004-e-nascer-na.html
Here is a broadband beginners guide and below are common broad band questions;
>What is Broadband?
>Types of Connections?
>Connection speeds and download limits
>How to compare ISP’s

Ann Cardus said...

Thank you anonymous - but this doesn'y stop me from hating Tiscali. Maybe Anger Management classes are what I need.