Thursday 22 November 2007

Hurried woman syndrome

Today I got up and got ready to leave the house. At the same time I also got the kids fed and ready to leave the house. I also cleaned up the mess that all of this created as well as tidying up some of the mess that had been created the night before. I tried to call a delivery company and a Christmas card shop.

I spent a mad fifteen minutes in the unsuccessful search for a Hama bead heart Hannah created for the teaching assistant.

We walked quickly to school.

Ethan and I walked to a friends house and stayed there for a coffee and a chat.

We then walked back home and I made him lunch and tidied up again. I tried to phone the delivery company and as a result of that I redialled the Christmas card shop.

I opened the mail and phoned the bank three times.

I phoned the dealer to check on progress of my car. Twice.

I got Hannah's clothes for trampolining ready together with snacks and drinks.

Ethan and I walked quickly to Tumble Tots and I phoned the dealer again to check on progress on the car. Getting voicemail, I phoned again.

I walked home quickly to meet the driver from the dealership. He wasn't there. I waited as long as I possibly could (10 minutes) and then started walking to school with Ethan. On the way to school I get a call from the driver. He's driven straight past my house and just parked in a resident's only bay. I see him and cut the phone call, talk to him, grab my keys and rush on to school thinking that if I get a parking ticket it will be sent straight to the dealer who had exact instructions on where we lived. (Idiot!)

After picking Hannah up we all rush back to the car. Because of where it's parked I need to do a circuit to get back home and collect Hannah's clothes and drinks and snacks. We drive on to trampolining.

We just make it in time and I get Hannah changed and take both children's shoes off.

Half way though the trampolining class I get a call from the boss.

After the class I drive to Mel's house and Mel feeds my children while we chat and do a few pieces of a jigsaw puzzle.

I drive home and the children are processed for bedtime. As soon as the children are in bed I change for the gym.

I get to the gym and about an hour and forty minutes later I drive home.

When I get in at half past nine, I eat.

I then go online to do my dad's grocery shopping. Then I do our grocery shopping.

It's twenty to eleven and I need to shower and go to bed. I think I'm suffering from Hurried Woman Syndrome.

No comments: