Saturday 1 March 2008

Woman cold

I've had a cold since about Christmas. It's been there in the background being irritating but not getting in the way of life.

Today saw a change in direction. My submissive cold has become an aggressive monster. I think I've sneezed about 500 times today. I have a ruddy nose that would make the most committed alcoholic proud (excepting the lack of broken blood vessels). My eyes look rather as they might had I endured a round or two with Mike Tyson, nicely swollen with a distinct rosy hue, and I feel miserable.

Going swimming with the children this afternoon was probably not my finest hour.

Spending the day outdoors tomorrow is probably not a good idea and neither is going to work on Monday, but I expect I'll do both.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You may have to be outside tomorrow ... but you do not have to be at work on Monday. I'd suggest put your feet up and pick up the sick pay.