Sunday 7 January 2007

Yes....I do watch it

I want to be the type of person that doesn't watch Big Brother. I'm not.
I can't help myself, and the celebrity variation is even more of a draw for me.

Now granted, I know that the Celebrity Big Brother contestants don't qualify as current celebs, and they all have a reason for submitting themselves for the humiliation they know it involves. But it's that humiliation that I want to watch. There's an evil part of me that enjoys seeing these people doing things that make them look daft just because they need the money, or their PR Manager has advised it's something that will give their career a kick start.

I'm always amazed these people are willing to go on the show. I wouldn't.

You could offer me a million pounds and I still wouldn't. And I'm not sure whether I would have a price, whether there's any sum that could persuade me to appear on national TV 24 hours a day.

It's a tricky one. Would you do Big Brother? And, if not, could you be persuaded if someone opened their cheque book?

No comments: