Tuesday 27 February 2007

Car wash

I'm picking up my new car on Monday. Well to be more exact it's a bus.

I know I've only got two children, and I know I don't need a bus, and it's bad for the environment, and it takes up a lot of space in car parks, and, and, and, and.....

But it's a company car, and I couldn't order what I wanted, and this is a diesel so it's not too bad for CO2 emissions (OK the carcinogenic particulate emissions aren't great but that's diesel for you), and it gives me a nice high driving position, and when I'm travelling with in-laws it means we don't have to take two cars, and when I go camping I can fit all the gear in the back easily, and, and, and....

But it means I have to say goodbye to the current car, which is a car, and not a bus. And that means getting wet and dirty because it means getting the car clean and dry and somehow what's on the car seems to transfer off onto me.

I do like a clean car, inside and out, but I am inherently lazy which is why I only generally clean it just before I return it, so that's every nine months ish. One of the perks of working in the auto industry - driving "fresh" product.

Now when I say I cleaned the car, I mean I cleaned the car. I didn't take it to a valet company or car wash, although the kids might have helped a tiny bit (actually hindered might be a better word).

Unconventional auto cleaning products used today: baby wipes and T-cut.

Baby wipes are great for cleaning car uphostery and also the plastic trim that gets covered in mud.

T-cut was used, not really for cleaning, more for eradicating some nice surface scratches that someone, maybe me, was responsible for, over the rear offside wheel arch.

If the vehicle inspectors find the scratch it'll cost me money. If they don't, it won't. I'm hoping for a rainy day so they won't want to spend ages examining the paintwork.

No comments: