Sunday 4 February 2007

Will Smith - he can...

I think I invented a phrase today: "He can butter my toast anyday." (Google does return the same phrase but I was unable to verify an exact context match so I still claim inventor's rights.)

We went to the cinema yesterday and saw The Pursuit of Happyness and we concluded that Will Smith is annoyingly talented. He can act, sing, dance and probably do a multitude of other things well too, including buttering my toast.


We supposed he was a good father, a great friend, etc. aswell. And as Dave and I are coming up with the list of his imagined talents the above phrase just popped sneakily into my head.

Back to the film. Will Smith is brilliant and he plays alongside his son who gave a stunning performance for one so young. The film is inspired by a true story and is an inspiring film, if you're seeking inspiration. I was looking for entertainment, and I got that too.

I also came out of the cinema with a headache. I don't know whether I'm the only person to get this type of headache, but it's a headache that happens when you need to cry but you try not to. All of the bottled up emotion gets stuck behind my forehead and it can't escape anywhere because I don't let it. Hence the pain. I guess I could just cry, but I think if I did I would just be a blubbering mess, and that would spoil the film for everyone else.


1 comment:

Ann Cardus said...

Nick

Always let it out, never bottle it up. It does hurt to keep it in so let it out. A good grizzle is worth its weight in gold!

Posted by Nick On Sunday, February 04, 2007 at 7:01 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]