Wednesday 7 February 2007

What men want

Valentine's day is next Wednesday and all I can think is "uh", which is thought with a concurrent drop of the shoulders.

Dave and I aren't like normal couples. We don't have a set way of behaving for anniversaries or days like Valentine's Day.

We would normally exchange cards but anything more is hit or miss. Sometimes we do exchange gifts, sometimes we don't. Sometimes the gift giving is one-sided.

The trouble is I'm now thinking if I do get Dave something, what should I get him? I don't want to be predictable but being creative is likely to take time and energy, two things that are in short supply.

It's a good job Dave only reads my blogs when I'm away on a business trip and haven't bothered to call - bad wife!

Anyway, I googled 'what do blokes want for Valentines day'. I found some very, very funny posts on several forums before concluding that men just want sex.

I'm confused. This doesn't make Valentine's Day any different from any other day.

1 comment:

Ann Cardus said...

Nick

True, no different...however like sex on christmas day or your birthday it feels more special!

Posted by Nick On Wednesday, February 07, 2007 at 9:12 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]



Darryl


Haha! I concur.

Here's an idea, you could try the old favourite, "show up naked, and bring beer!"


Posted by Darryl On Wednesday, February 07, 2007 at 10:16 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]