Thursday 13 March 2008

Lies, damned lies and statistics

You'll have tired of my Tiscali problems as did they. We now don't have Tiscali TV but have stuck with them for broadband.

For the record can I just state that we pay for 8Meg Unlimited broadband. Just to make sure everyone understands there was the word unlimited there.

Now in my book, or even dictionary, unlimited means "not having limits."

Tiscali uses a different dictionary to me. In Tiscali's dictionary unlimited means "with limits."

I have contravened the Tiscali Fair Usage Policy and I have dared to download large files during the peak hours of 6 and 11 in the evening. Apparently this is bang out of order. Clearly I'm paraphrasing. Tiscali wouldn't be that up front and honest with their use of language.

It's such a shame that Tiscali is a faceless organisation. If it wasn't I have a fantastic idea about exactly where I could stick their Fair Usage Policy.

Maybe I should advise Tiscali about my "Say what you bloody well mean policy." This policy could have all sorts of penalties and I think most of them should involve an appearance on Watchdog.

I've written to Trading Standards already. Writing to Watchdog is so tempting (watchdog @bbc.co.uk) but I'm a fair woman. They have a chance for a grovelling apology and a promise never to try and bully me again. If these aren't forthcoming then it's the big guns. No more Mrs Nice Guy.

There is more to this story but I need to keep my powder dry and my blood pressure normal.

No comments: