Thursday 27 March 2008

Princess rubbish

I've known about this for a while but I freely admit it had slipped my mind.

There had been a note in Hannah's school bag about a hat competition. The rules were simple; the hat must be made from recycled materials.

There was nothing specifying the involvement of children, which was just as well because I remembered it this morning and needs to be completed for tomorrow.

I am not good at this sort of thing.

I cut some cardboard into a long crown shape. I made some glue with flour and water (that is what it's made from isn't it?) I stuck magazine pictures with a pink hue onto the cardboard and used a hairdryer to dry it all. The cardboard lots its structure and went floppy. Not very princess-like.

I started again. Cardboard crown (same construction as previous) covered in foil. Tied a few ribbons on and added some shells, some beads, feathers.

Now this shouldn't have taken long but...it did.

It looked crap so I figured it looked like it might have been recycled.

No comments: