Wednesday 18 June 2008

Irritation

I go to yoga most Tuesday evenings. At the end of the class we do some relaxation.

The relaxation often involves either breathing exercises or just concentrating on breathing. Sometimes it involves visualisation or a mental concentration exercise.

Just as the relaxation is being brought to a close I find I'm extracting myself from a state very close to sleep.

One might think that this is a really useful exercise to help encourage slumber for those who struggle to fall asleep. I did until I tried it outside of the yoga class.

I can't get it to work. Do you know how irritating it is to be desperate to get to sleep and not be able to but when you don't want to fall asleep, i.e. in a yoga class, you find it difficult not to?

Very irritating.

No comments: